I am ecstatic to finally be making my first post. Before diving right into sharing recipes and my LOVE for food, I think I will share a bit about myself first!
- I live in Upstate New York, and am blessed that the beautiful Finger Lakes Region is right in my backyard. There are so many things I love about the Finger Lakes: The views, the water, and more importantly the WINE. I love a good, sweet Riesling which is the wine of this region.
- The thing I love about the finger lakes the most is that I married my soulmate in the Finger Lakes region. We got married at Glenora Wine Cellars on Seneca Lake in October of 2015. We just celebrated out 1 year anniversary! I wish I could go back and re-live my wedding day every day.
- I am a mom to 2 adorable kitties. Animals have consistently been another passion of mine, I have always loved all animals.
- Family is VERY important to me. Holidays in my family were always celebrated together, every birthday, every Christmas, every holiday you can think of. My grandmother and I have birthdays very close together, and we have had a joint birthday party every year for as long as I can remember. To tell you the truth, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- I love music. Singing is my favorite way to express myself musically, but I also played the violin as a child and have dabbled in playing the piano as an adult. Being in a select choir all throughout middle school and high school, I was able to travel to Italy for a Music Festival when I was only 15. How lucky am I?
- My favorite Holiday BY FAR is Christmas. To me, Christmas means the birth of our savior, and it is a time for family and food, which as you know are very important to me. I love the decorations, the smell of pine, and the warm fuzzy feeling you feel even in the dead of winter (and our winters in Upstate New York can be brutal!).
Now you know a bit more about me! But most importantly, I cannot wait to continue this journey, being able to share the joy of cooking with you is something very special. I feel very passionate about helping you spread love through cooking for yourself and others. My wish is that you learn something while reading my thoughts and experiences here on the blog, and I hope my recipes help you build self confidence in the kitchen to prove that you too can be culinarily captivating.